- Skilled classroom teacher and communicator who is passionate about sharing communication skills with young people.
- Experienced in working with inexperienced workers, training them, creating an ensemble spirit, and pride in the theatre program of the school.
- Actively engaged in theatrical education and production for 39 years.
- Experienced in scenic and lighting design, construction, running, rigging and supervision, directing and production.
- Knowledgeable in both front of house and backstage operation.
- 1967-1969 Pan American University, Edinburg, TX
- 1969-1971 B.S. in Education, Speech/Theatre, Northern Illinois University
- 1980-1984 M.A. Theatre Arts, Northern Illinois University
- 1985- “Presenting the Performing Arts”, Western Michigan University
- 1984- Thesis: The Best Ever…..Waukegan Theatres, 1865-1919
- ISBE Performance Assessment Committee, 1999
- Workshop Presenter, National Middle School Theatre Forum 1998-99-00
- Educational Theatre Association and Illinois Theatre Association
- Middle School Editor for “Spotlight”, ITA Newspaper
- Recipient Jack Benny Arts and Humanities Award 1997
- Listed in ‘98, ‘96,’94, ‘92, and ‘90 “Who’s Who Among American Teachers”
- “Who’s Who in American Education” 1990
- 2003-2012 Adjunct Faculty, University of St. Mary of the Lake, Mundelein, IL. Instructor of presentation, and American Accents. Students with communication challenges are referred to my classes.
- 2007-2012 Technical Director, Warren Twsp. High School, Gurnee, IL. Provide Production and Lighting Design and construction supervision and instruction to untrained 14-18 year olds. The Wedding Singer, High School Musical, Romantic Fools, Aida.
- 2003-2006 Technical Director, Viking School, Gurnee, IL.Provide Production and Lighting Design and construction supervision and instruction to untrained 11-14 year olds. Productions included: The Ubu Plays, Big! The Musical, Children of Eden, Fools, The Wiz, Dinner Theatre
- 1972-2003 Teacher, Viking School (Retired). Beginning at a Social Studies position, I introduced theatre as a method of developing socialization and adult level responsibility in young adolescents. From nothing, the theatre program at Viking School became a national model for middle school theatre.
- 2000-2002 1980-1984 Executive Director, Genesee Theatre, GSI (City of Waukegan). Duties: Organize volunteer steering committee, develop mission statement, develop funding approach for project, secure funding from City of Waukegan, set up first office with necessary equipment, maintain and update grants from state and federal sources, interview and hire fund raising consultant, hire staff as needed, develop volunteer organization, set up speakers bureau, produce, shoot, direct, edit and generate i-movie for fund raising and marketing strategies, interview marketing firms; identify, locate, contact and personally invite Honorary Board Members to raise public awareness of the project; participate in the identification, location, contacting, interviewing, and personal invitation of new board members; act as liaison between board, Mayor’s Office, and staff; with help of staff prepare weekly progress reports; provide public relations communication including radio, print and television interviews, community contact; develop extensive volunteer organization and provide supervision; represent the Genesee Theatre at League of Historic American Theatres’ Convention, NYC.
- 1989-1996 Resident Scenic and Lighting Designer, Bowen park Theatre Company, Waukegan Park District. Provided Scenic Design, Lighting Design, Construction Supervision of untrained volunteers.
- Educational Theatre Association
- Illinois Theatre Association
- League of Historic American Theatres
- Jack Benny Center for the Arts
- Friends of the Historic Genesee Theatre
- Waukegan Arts Council