The Waukegan Arts Council invites you to be part of one of the most exciting and diverse arts communities along the shore of Lake Michigan. Building on its rich cultural history, Waukegan has been home to scores of writers, actors, artists and musicians who have gone on to fame and fortune, including Ray Bradbury and Jack Benny.
Come and experience a wide variety of quality literary, performing and visual arts programming among Waukegan’s many long-standing and emerging arts and cultural venues. Throughout the year, residents and visitors can enjoy performances, festivals, film screenings, concerts, art exhibitions, classes, workshops and more.
The Waukegan Arts Council is a non-profit organization which serves as an umbrella arts and cultural organization for the community. Our mission is to be a catalyst for advancing the economic, social, and cultural life of Waukegan through the arts. Working closely with local businesses, elected officials, artists and arts organizations, our goal is to make Waukegan a better place to live, work and play.
The Waukegan Arts Council serves as a catalyst to advance the economic, social and cultural life of Waukegan
through education, collaboration, networking and promotion of the arts.
- Provide meaningful learning opportunities for artists.
- Provide programs to enhance the community’s awareness and appreciation of the arts.
- Form strategic partnerships with artists and arts organizations.
- Encourage support and cooperative planning in the local arts community.
- Provide quarterly opportunities for the arts community to gather, connect and share.
- Develop promotional tools to communicate arts activities to area residents and visitors.
- Work to provide sustainable funding necessary for a vibrant, diverse arts community.
- Promote dynamic advocacy for the arts.